VanillaBeast, secret agent extraordinaire. Living the dream as a suave secret agent, completing top secret missions, and dating some of the hottest women on earth. He had it all until one mission changed everything.
Feeling cast out and betrayed, Vanilla left the agency, his only desire to fade into oblivion. Everything was going according to plan until someone, something, started murdering local ladies of the night in Vanilla's town. These treacherous deeds removing both erotic talents and public services from the streets will not go unpunished as Vanilla awakens from retirement to equalize those responsible for the removal of the women he held so close to his... heart.
Play as VanillaBeast as he makes his comeback against the forces of evil as they try to remove his night life, and everything he holds dear. Make your way through an amazing retro-style adventure of open world exploration as well as a huge variety of levels spanning across beaches, casinos, flashbacks, race tracks, Camp Crystal Fake, and tons more locations in Venereousville USA. Fret not, for Vanilla isn't alone on his quest for night life justice, you'll meet a massive cast of current and former Adult Entertainers willing to aid you on your journey through power-ups, items, and other means of "support".
• Beautiful character and level design from many talented artists such as amazing pixel artist, Giuseppe Longo (Misbug).
• Rockin soundtrack from the legends of retro music, 8-Bit Universe.
• Top-down exploration of a massive open world environment.
• Tons of side quests that tie the open world into individual levels. Finding something while exploring the club may help your surf adventure, and vice versa.
• Hilarious dialog and situations. This is seriously one of the funniest games you’ll ever play.
• Insane variety of gameplay. Casinos, clubs, Golf, HR Derby in the park, camp, football, surfing, fighting, racing, etc..
• Retro-style gameplay brought together with modern animation and game design. A truly unique, yet familiar experience like you've never seen before.
• Time-tested styles brought together to make VanillaBeast one of the most varied gaming experiences to date.
• Leisure Suit Larry - The Leisure Suit Larry series started in the late 80s and if you were old enough (and allowed) to play them there's no doubt they made a huge impact on you. LSL was a pioneer of the adult humor in gaming. We're designing our open world around the LSL formula of "find an item here, use it over there" all the while using adult humor to keep you laughing and immersed in the story.
• Punisher (NES) - Rail-scrolling action is a rare form of gameplay not used much these days. In years past games like Punisher, Gotcha!, Terminator 2 The Arcade game and a few others made lasting impressions on us. A Punisher (NES) rail-scrolling shooter from the 90s is exactly what VanillaBeast needs to keep that retro variety flowing and that's exactly what we're giving it.
• Mike Tyson's Punch-Out! (NES) - We've designed a full circuit of boxers to fight your way through as Vanilla reminisces back to the time he battled his way to face the Champ, Tike Myson, in our parody boxing tribute to the classic NES title.
• Jaws (NES) - Remember how Jaws had a fun open water exploration on a boat as well as under-water diving game play? We've came up with a pretty sweet take on this classic you're sure to enjoy while reminiscing back to the good ol' days of gaming.
• NES Open Tournament Golf - One of the greatest Golf games of all-time (we know that's relative, please stop being so technical). Our Golf mini game is based on the fan favorite NES golf game from the 90s with a twist of Caddyshack. We're looking forward to seeing you tee off at "All 3 Holes Country Club". FORE!
• Friday the 13th (NES) - Remember F13 on NES? We're sure you loved it, or at least loved to hate it, right? We've taken this retro game designed to thwart that evil purple and teal evildoer to a whole new level as you go to Camp Crystal Fake and save the ladies in a Friday the 13th style side-scrolling level.
• California Games / T & C Surf Design - Surf waves and fight enemies in a T & C Surf Design inspired level. We've taken the classic surf style gameplay and added a combo point system, crazy obstacles, enemy combat and a massive shark to make this T & C Surf Design parody level one of the coolest aquatic adventures you've ever seen. Pixelated waves have never looked so good.
• Outrun (Arcade) / Speed Racer (Arcade) - Race from and into danger in an Outrun / Speed Racer inspired racing levels. With a full arsenal of gadgets and tricks at your disposal Vanilla's Black Bullet roadster has never looked better.
• Final Fight and Double Dragon - Love the old school brawlers like Final Fight and Double Dragon games? We do too. You'll be playing multiple levels inspired by those classics, but on a modern scale.
EARLY ALPHA REVIEWS
Here's a reaction video and a few links to articles and video reviews on our Alpha Demo. The links below will take you to the landing page of each review. The VanillaBeast Alpha Demo is available on Steam at request.
Download all the screenshots as a .zip (the .zip contains more content than is shown on the page)
Download all the key art as a .zip (the .zip may contain more content than is shown on the page)
Download all logos as a .zip (the .zip may contain more content than is shown on the page)